Monday, December 20, 2010

cheese tasting

I L.O.V.E cheese. I haven't really met a cheese I don't like (well except maybe a smoked cheese).
When my parents were in London a few weeks ago, they brought me back a ton of hard cheeses! Joe and I didn't know what to do with all the deliciousness, so we had a wine and cheese tasting party. We created this evite:

Well, I tend to have the WORST luck with parties and bad weather, so what happened? We got 2 inches of snow and about 6 people braved the weather for the cheese. Needless to say, we shad lots of leftover cheese.

So, last night at our family holiday gathering, we re-created the cheese tasting (still have plenty of left overs! round 3 anyone?...) Here are photos of the spread:




Our hard cheeses were:
  • L'Etivaz
  • Keen's Cheddar
  • Suecia
  • Napoleon
  • Stilton
  • Hawes Wesleydale
Soft Cheeses:
  • Point Reyes Blue
  • Teleggio
  • Port Salut
  • Delice de Bourgogne
All the cheeses were cow's milk cheeses. I made the little cheese flags on shipping labels and stuck two together with a toothpick in between the labels.

Along with the cheeses, we had some accompaniments:
  • salamis
  • olives
  • pickled okra
  • marcona almonds
  • candied pecans
  • fig paste
  • balsamic glazed dried figs
  • pears
  • grapes
  • persimmon
  • gourmet crackers (rosemary, black pepper, etc.)
YUM! Can't wait to do it again!

1 comment: