Thursday, January 21, 2010

baked brie

Whenever I make the Panko Chicken with Salad, I also make a baked brie as well. I have a love affair with cheese. I have not met a cheese I do not like...well, maybe not the smokey flavored cheeses (like Gouda or smoked mozzarella). Brie is one of my favorites because it is such a versatile cheese. I have seen people serve it with fruit, with honey mustard, and with pepper jelly. Hot or cold.

My all time favorite way to serve Brie is topped with Loveless Cafe Peach Preserves and Roasted Walnuts. YUM!
On this particular version, I used raspberry preserves instead. All you have to do is place the brie wheel and walnuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees until the cheese is soft. I heat the preserves in the microwave and pour them on the brie before sprinkling the roasted walnuts on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment