Thursday, January 7, 2010

the dress

So, wedding dress shopping was incredibly fun, but I wish someone had told me how hard it would be!

For months, I had been lusting at this beauty in the window of B. Hughes Bridal. In fact, I almost get into a wreck everytime I drive past their windows...still! Oscar de la Renta was having a trunk show shortly after I got engaged, so I jumped on the chance to visit the dress and see the others fresh off the runway!

They had this stunning dress in town for the trunk show...sleek, white guipure lace...I was in love with the dress. But not the $20,000 price tag. I don't understand how something can possibly cost that much. Needless to say, the search continued.


I had a hard time getting the Oscar dress out of my mind. I visited the Bride Room and Faccio Bridal where I found these lovelies:
Melissa Sweet
Anne Barge
Anne Barge

I had pretty much decided on this last one.

But then I saw "the one" at Bridals by Lori in Atlanta.
Designer: Christos.
I am not disclosing my dress :) ...but it is one of these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment