I am about 1/2-3/4 into the planning. I am assuming. So, that being said, I should start by playing catch up!
We decided to have our ceremony in Wightman Chapel at Scarritt Bennett Center here in Nashville. It is the most beautiful old Gothic chapel, right in the middle of Nashville! Scarritt Bennett is currently a retreat center, but started out in 1920s as a "College for Christian Workers." It is a wedding destination, scheduling up to 5 weddings a weekend during the summer! We got lucky and snagged the last Saturday evening slot for the summer of 2010 (and we booked it 14 months out!)Luckily that date worked.

We knew we wanted to keep the reception in close proximity to the ceremony, and that we wanted it to be very "Nashville." We visited the Parthenon, Cheekwood, the Frist, Hermitage Hotel, Union Station, Belle Meade Plantation, the War Memorial Building, and Riverwood. Riverwood was most certainly not my thing! I am a person who likes to have a plan, so an outdoor venue made a nervous...can't trust the weather. Joe and I both fell in love with the Conservatory space at the Country Music Hall of Fame and that was it! You can't get more Nashville than that!
The building was designed to look like a keyboard from the outside.

The inside is this big, beautiful open space that looks out on the downtown sky. Here are some photos from weddings there: so lovely...


No comments:
Post a Comment