Friday, January 22, 2010

fruit buckle in the crock pot

This dessert is so easy and super yummy. I am not sure why it is called a "buckle," but I just go with it. I think I originally saw the recipe on Semi Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee.

It is a crock pot recipe, so you can let it cook and make your house smell wonderful all day.

Ingredients:
2 cans pie filling (apple, peach, blueberry, cherry--whatever you prefer). I LOVE the apple.
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter
1 package of instant oatmeal (I think the Cinnamon flavor).
1/2 cup sliced almonds

Directions:
  • Spray your crock pot with cooking spray like Pam. Then empty the 2 cans of pie filling in the crock pot.
  • Pour the dry cake mix over the pie filling.
  • Slice the stick of butter into 10 pieces and place around top of cake mix. Sprinkle the oatmeal packet and almonds on top.
  • Finally, place 2 paper towels over the crock pot before closing the lid. (This keeps the condensation from dripping back onto the cake). Set on Low and let cook for 6-8 hours.
It is a MUST to serve this dessert with cold homestyle vanilla ice cream!

Always a crowd pleaser :)

1 comment:

  1. Making this today to share with friends. It smells awesome!! Thanks for sharing!! Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete