So true. I look forward to being in the kitchen after a long day. You don't have to think about anything, but the ingredients and how yummy what your making will be! Right now, I am the House Director at a sorority and so I cook as part of my job. 3 meals a week for the 6 lovely house girls who I look after. This job has really evolved my love of food and cooking!
I am not the kind of cook who is very good at following recipes. I tend to experiment and just go with taste, so I am challenging myself to be better about writing down recipes in order to share some of the yummy things I plan to make.
Anyways, no better first recipe to post than my mother's brownies! My friend Amy and I made them the other night in the middle of a hot-gooey-chocolate craving.

½ cup of salted butter, 1 stick -- best if at room temperature
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
½ cup of flour
½ cup of cocoa
Mix the butter and sugar together. Then add the eggs and vanilla. Finally, stir in the flour and cocoa. Pour into an 8x8 baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. For an added bonus, serve with vanilla ice cream! Nothing better than hot and cold together! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment