Tuesday, January 26, 2010

**nashville**

(image by aron wright via design*sponge)
When I moved back to Nashville from Atlanta, I was bitter. I was resigned to hate Nashville for its "small town" feel and lack of dining options. I missed the sushi and cucumber salad at Harry and Sons, the Korean BBQ at Hae Woon Dae, burritos at Willy's, and the biscuits and love cakes at The Flying Biscuit.

While nothing can ever replace the "originals," I have found my Nashville replacements that I would surely miss if I ever moved. Biscuits and peach preserves at Loveless, Sushi and Battered and Fried, soup and sandwich at Food Company, cupcakes at GiGi's, and yes, Korean BBQ (in Nashville!!) at Seoul Garden.

I recently came across this great Nashville Guide on Design*Sponge. It talks about all the great spots in each area of town: Downtown, Germantown, East Nashville, Hillsboro Village, 12th South, 8th Avenue, Green Hills, West End, etc.

I was reading over it and came up with a list of the places I want to try:

Germantown:
DrinkHaus
Lazzaroli Pasta (have heard GREAT things about this spot!)

East Nashville:
Turnip Truck
Wonders on Woodland (Vintage Store)
Ugly Mugs
Wild Cow

12th South:
imogene + willie (vintage clothing)
Local Honey (vintage clothing, local designers)

Green Hills:
Kalamata's
Ash Blue

Franklin:
Red Pony
Zolos

Others:
Allium
Tayst
The Standard
Cha Chas
Watanbe Sushi
Miel

No comments:

Post a Comment