Friday night I made a stuffed pork tenderloin. We love those tenderloins--so yummy and just enough for 2 people. They come in packs of 2, so I like to freeze one for later use.
I have stuffed the tenderloin with a variety of things: feta cheese, goat cheese, spinach, artichokes, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, etc. But last night, I did an artichoke, sun dried tomato pesto, goat cheese combo that turned out lovely.
First, I sliced the tenderloin open, (not all the way through, just about 3/4 of the way) and pounded it to flatten it out a bit. Then I seasoned it with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, I mixed 1/2 a can of chopped up quartered artichoke hearts, 3 tablespoons of sun dried tomato pesto, and 1/3 cup of crumbled goat cheese. I then put this mixture on the tenderloin and rolled it back up to look like it did before I cut it open.
I usually secure it with cooking twine that you can buy at Williams-Sonoma or often get from the butcher at the grocery store, but last night I used these baking "rubber bands" from Target. I would not recommend them--you have to wrap them around the whole tenderloin rather than just being able to tie them.
Once assembled, as below and ready to go into the oven on a cookie sheet:
I seasoned the top of the tenderloin with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and some fresh thyme.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Finished product sliced, filled with cheesy goodness:

No comments:
Post a Comment