Monday, February 21, 2011

valentine's day adventure

Joe gave me a gift card to the Viking Cooking School in Franklin about years ago for my Christmas and I signed up for classes, but always had to cancel. He had given me a hard time for not using his gift yet, so when I saw the Valentine's Day "couples night out" cooking class, I thought it would be the perfect, unique way for us to spend Valentine's day (or actually the Thursday before Valentine's day).

The menu for the night was:


Wild Mushroom Truffle Flatbread with
Arugula and Artisan Cheese; Surf and Turf: Roasted
Strip Loin Persillade with Butter Poached Lobster
Tail; Asparagus with Champagne Sabayon; Red
Velvet Whoopie Pies with Mascarpone Vanilla
Bean Cream. Sample Recipe: Stuffed Peppadews.

YUM!!!

When we arrived, there were 5 other couples. We broke into 3 teams and starting preparing dinner! Joe and I were paired with Jessica and Richard. At first, I was worried about this scenario, because I really don't like to share kitchen space, and I like to call the shots when it comes to cooking!! haha What if these people messed up our flatbread?!?! But other than not getting a "hands on" experience with all the recipes, it really worked out well. Joe and I were assigned the Whoopie Pies, which we rocked. The asparagus and the steaks. The whole meal was fun to prepare and delicious to enjoy after! They also have bottles of wine and beer you and purchase to enjoy while you are cooking, which we obviously took advantage of! I definitely want to go back and do this again! You can check out their schedule of courses online!





No comments:

Post a Comment